[NAGDU] Recent discussions about Southeastern Guide Dogs

David david at bakerinet.com
Wed Mar 10 16:23:34 UTC 2021

'Saw this on my FLAGDU feed from Marion last night , but not my NAGDU
feed. /ergo .../

*David in Clearwater, FL*
*david at bakerinet.com*
*
*
On 3/9/2021 7:40 PM, Marion Gwizdala,
> Dear All,
>                  I realized that my following message did not get posted to the list; rather, it went to Raul. I am forwarding it so there is a record of the facts, not the revision presented.
>
> Marion Gwizdala
>
> Marion Gwizdala
> (813) 626-2789
> Blind411 at verizon.net

Dear All,
> I want to correct the record of what President Gallegos has stated in his message; otherwise, I tacitly agree that what he is stating is fact and it is not! In this message, President Gallegos states, “we try to investigate all angles from all sides to gather as much information as possible”. As I have already stated, his first reaction was “I need to call Southeastern”. Then what did President Gallegos do for the rest of the evening. Well, I received several text messages from apple with one time passcodes because he was working on the NAGDU app and needed those passcodes to reset the password. Did he gather any information? Did he contact Rev. Blake? This is directly contradictory to the assertion he made in which he states, “I would like to personally reassure everyone reading that I very much care and so does the NAGDU board of directors.” If he really cared he would have followed up immediately. He never called me to follow-up and get her contact information until Saturday evening. Did he call her on Saturday? Did he call her on Sunday? Did he call her on Moneday? It was not until today, llikely with a great deal of pressure mounting from his membership that he reached out to Rev. Blake.
>
> I will also remind everyone that this caring board of directors discussed the Les Demers case several months ago and chose not to pursue it; in the words of one member of the board I spoke with, “we felt it was all opinion”. Really? That is how decisions are made to protect the rights of guide dog users?
I really have no right to say much more, as I am no longer a member of
the National Association of Guide Dog Users or the National Federation
of the Blind. Some have told me it must have been a difficult decision
to resign my membership in an organization I have served for thirty-four
years. Actually, it was not a difficult decision to make, as it is clear
the organization cannot be relied upon to protect the rights of guide
dog users. I have heard it said that when you are on the barricades
fighting for your rights and feel all alone, turn around and you will
see 50,000 Federationists standing behind you. Yesterday I turned around
and the Federation had retreated. No, it was not a difficult decision to
make.