[NAGDU] {Spam?} RE: {Spam?} Re: My Letter of Resignation

Star Gazer pickrellrebecca at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 18:16:04 UTC 2021

I wouldn’t call this drama. Calling it drama minimizes the pain and degradation this woman experienced.

Tracey is right, this list is here to help guide dog users and their families.  If it isn’t doing that, why is NAGDU around?

One of the reasons many people didn’t get guide dogs back in the day is that you were on your own, it was simply harder to find the various means of support that this list can and should provide.

I have been talking with my husband about both this issue, as well as the paperwork just to fly domestically in the United States.  My comment to him was “Unless these issues go away, I won’t be getting another dog”.

Guide dogs require a lot, far more then a pet.  I realized this yesterday when my kids and I along with our family dog went to the park.  There were fries on the ground and the dog ate them.

I remember thinking “This is new… you can’t do this with a guide dog”

Between the level of care a guide dog needs, coupled with the nonsense by some schools and the difficulty if not impossibility of flying domestically at the spur of the moment, I do wonder why anybody would get a guide dog.

One issue may be acceptable, two may be still, but three?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10