[NAGDU] Contracts

Stacie Gallegos shardy at nfbtx.org
Tue Mar 30 14:36:37 UTC 2021

Hello Tracy and all,

Both of my guide dogs have come from Guiding Eyes for the Blind. I’m sure this was the case for my first guide dog, but I honestly can’t remember. However, when I went for my second dog, Cash I received in my  acceptance packet a copy of the application that I would be signing when I was in class. All of the materials in my acceptance and going home packets were provided in braille; as this was what I indicated in my initial application. Not only did I have a chance to review the contract before going into class, we also had as one of our in-class lectures a discussion regarding the contract, and when I went to sign the contract I was given another opportunity to ask questions. In my opinion, Guiding Eyes for the Blind has set the standard by which other guide dog training programs should follow.

—
Stacie Gallegos
President: National Federation of the Blind Houston Chapter
Secretary: Texas Association of Guide Dog Users
Secretary: Texas Parents of Blind Children

E: shardy at nfbtx.org           H: stacieandcash at gmail.com
M: 346.704.0190               O: 832.639.4477

"Live the life you want: Blindness is not what holds you back”