[NAGDU] Sugar substitute dangerous to dogs

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Sep 24 17:22:44 UTC 2021

I do give my dog "people" food--a bit of yogurt, a little leftover milk, a bit of fruit ... It hasn't done him any harm, nor has it made him more food-crazy than he already was.
It's only fairly recently that dogs have been supposed to just eat "dog" food.  For millennia, they ate what humans ate, or what we left over.  I figure a bit of variety in his diet is good, and, as I'm particular about what I eat, he's not getting lots of chemicals and junk.
And, tangentially, I have a friend who cooked for her dog for quite a long while.  He has all kinds of digestive issues, and it took a long time for her to find a commercial food that actually didn't make him ill.  So she cooked stuff that agreed with him, and did what she had to to be sure it had the nutrients dogs need.

Each to their own.
Tracy