[NAGDU] Hypoallergenic Dogs: Truth or Myth

Michael Hingson mike at michaelhingson.com
Wed Apr 6 23:38:55 UTC 2022

I agree with this article. However, it also is true that breeds such as poodles do tend not to effect most people with dog allergies. If you speak with knowledgeable trainers from guide dog schools they will tell you that even poodles do spread dandruff. However, again, what comes off poodles, for example, tends not to effect most people.

I do have a problem with the author saying to consider bathing a pet dog twice a week. This would regularly wash natural oils from the dog's coat.

Best Regards,

Michael Hingson