[NAGDU] Dogs and National Conventions

Kevan Worley kevan at nfbco.org
Thu Apr 28 14:25:06 UTC 2022

I will answer here. But I wouldn’t go by me and my guide dog. Onyx There’s not muc is not much of a sniffer. And she works particularly well in big crowds. She has been to three conventions. I would not leave her at home. But that’s because she is a real asset for me at convention. I know that many dogs are not particularly good at conventions. And I knew some people who leave their dogs at home. I also know a few people who use their dogs some at conventions and leave their dogs in their rooms at convention if the dog is good at staying in a room without distraction or barking their heads off to annoy everybody around your room. That’s all I know I think I’m very lucky to have a dog that works so well at a convention. I I do find relief areas a huge challenge at convention. Frankly I try to find somewhere even if it’s somewhat of a distance from the hotel to relieve onyx. We ought to do something different with relief areas.

At Your Service,
Kevan Worley