[NAGDU] Guide Dogs in chemistry labs

Joy joy.relton at icloud.com
Fri Dec 9 04:42:52 UTC 2022

Hi Shelby,
I am a dog guide user, but didn’t take chemistry when I had a dog.
However, my husband is a retired chemistry teacher.
He says, in his opinion, that the dog should be attached somewhere out of the lab area itself whenever using any kind of liquids that can be spilled.
This is for the dog safety as well as for the student safety safety because they might trip on the dog or whatever.
You wouldn’t want any acid spilled on your dog.
This does not mean they have to be completely out of the room, but just away from the labs.
Check out the room, and if nothing else, you might see if you can have an eye bolt installed on the mop boards inside the room it wouldn’t be any big problem for someone to drill a hole and attach it. Then, you could attach the tie down for the dog whatever it might be.
Just my thoughts and my husband.
Good luck.  I’m

Sent from my iPhone