[NAGDU] Guide Dogs in chemistry labs

Asia Quinones-Evans aevans.nfb at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 23:22:09 UTC 2022

I did not complete a chemistry lab, but I was in labs for anatomy and
physiology where the rooms hosted chemistry labs. One rule that my college
has for all service dogs on campus if they are going into any lab
environment in the lab building. The dogs are required to have booties and
to lay on a blanket in the room. This is to protect the dog from anything
that they may lay on or anything that may touch their paws that is harmful.
I highly suggest that your dog have a good down stay  because my boy did
and I was able to have him either beside my table, taking anatomy and
physiology, or at the front of the room while I walked around taking tests.
I had a blanket for him that he laid on, and he always wore his booties. He
would throw up complaints about not being close to me, but he never budged
an inch. My college does not have professors rooms close to their lab rooms
  so that was not an option for me.