[NAGDU] Information on Flying with A Dog

rdgraves2007 at gmail.com rdgraves2007 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 00:48:46 UTC 2022

Greetings To All,

In March I will be traveling to the national center in Baltimore for a
meeting, and I need to gather all the information I can about flying with my
Izzo. We have been together for almost five years. However I received home
training, and so we have never flown together. Not sure what I need to do in
preparation or what to expect. We will be flying on Southwest airline, if
that makes a difference.

I'm concerned that she might get anxious on the flight. Should I ask the vet
to prescribe something for anxiety? She needs to be able to work once she
gets there of course, so I don't want to sedate her to much. But she has
been known to fuss in situations where she is uncomfortable, and I don't
want to be put off of the plane. LOL

Do dogs ears "pop" like ours sometimes do when flying? A coworker of mine
recently told me that, if you are traveling with a dog, you are the sole
occupant of a given row of seats. I find this somewhat hard to believe, but
thought I would pose the question.

Any advice or input you can offer regarding flying or preparation for same
with my puppy would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Diane Graves