[NAGDU] recent air travel experience

Sherry Gomes sherry.gomes at outlook.com
Wed Feb 23 19:09:52 UTC 2022

Hi all,

Hi everyone,

Good friends of mine moved from Colorado to California last fall, and I flew out to visit them in Carmel this past weekend. The airline that flies directly from Denver to Monterey is United. I have a lot of memories of many years ago, trouble with United for blind handlers and service dog handlers. Well, things sure have changed. I admit to being livid over the recent requirement to fill out paperwork declaring my dog is a real service dog, well-behaved and healthy before flying. I think it's discriminatory. But I had to do it or no trip. Anyway, United has made this process extremely simple. Once you make a reservation, you can go to your trip details, and there is a special accommodations button. From there, you can choose service dog and fill out the form online, not a PDF. And if you join the United Mileage program, that service dog form stays attached to your account and you don't have to fill it out every time. When I went through the Denver airport, nobody asked me or even mentioned Shani, not at security, not at the gate. It was far easier than I expected.

Sherry
Find out about my book Haven by checking out my web site:
www.sherrygomes.com<http://www.sherrygomes.com>
Or on Facebook
http://facebook.com/sherrygomesauthor
And join my group, Haven Happenings at: