[NAGDU] Uber Denials

aevans.nfb at gmail.com aevans.nfb at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 13:56:09 UTC 2022

Good Morning everyone,

This is not the normal question about Uber denials. There is a new option on
the ride screen named Uber Pet. I work with my guide dog and I have had Uber
drivers tell me multiple times that I should have ordered an Uber Pet for my
dog. I tell them that he is a service dog and they repeat the same phrase
that I should have ordered an Uber Pet so any driver knew that I had a dog
with me. I was wondering if anyone else has had trouble with Uber having
this new ride option. I know where I live the differenced between Uber
economy and Uber Pet is about $20 or $30 even if I decided to try that
choice. I know my rights so I would not choose the option. I also looked up
the driver policy about taking service dogs and maybe others will find it
useful. I could not find it on the app so I ended up looking it up. When I
am unable to get a ride from my dad I do not have another option where I
live to get public transportation. So I have to take Uber or Lyft.

https://help.uber.com/riders/article/us-service-animal-policy-?nodeId=f7e32b
eb-af83-4977-8a45-b172ef99b4e5