[NAGDU] questions about working with a guide dog

sblanjones11 at sbcglobal.net sblanjones11 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 13 22:11:22 UTC 2022

Dear Madison,

There has to be some pull action to allow you to feel the direction your dog
is going.  However, not all dogs pull hard.

I suggest contacting a school, and having them come and do a home interview.
They will do what is called a Juno walk with you, in which the instructor
holds the harness, and shows you what the dog's pull action is like.
The amount the dog will pull and the pace you normally walk are important
factors in deciding whether a dog is right for you, and which dog is best.

Kind regards,
Susan
sblanjones11 at sbcglobal.net