[NAGDU] Guide Dogs (iOS/iPadOS, Free)

Steve Cook stanley7709 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 10:07:53 UTC 2022

The below information is in this months issue of AppleVis.

Guide Dogs (iOS/iPadOS, Free)

As a guide dog owner, you will know your legal right for your assistance dog
to accompany you when accessing most services and vehicles. However, our
research shows that 75% of assistance dog owners have been refused access to
a restaurant, shop or taxi. We have listened to what a negative impact this
can have on people's wellbeing, and how it limits their ability to live the
life they choose. With this app you can now report access refusals and
inaccessible public spaces to Guide Dogs quickly and easily to help put a
stop to them altogether.

Educate businesses about your legal rights: Using the templated letter, it's
now easier than ever to educate businesses of the law and elicit positive
change for others. Together, we can make sure everyone knows they need to
have Open Doors for Guide Dogs.

Guide Dogs Support: Expertise, advice and support is on hand from our
dedicated Access Team, they'll listen and provide you with as much support
as you require, so you're aware of all your options and the next steps. They
can even contact and educate the businesses on your behalf.

Inaccessible public spaces: Experienced any barriers when out and about? You
can quickly and easily report these to help our campaigning to end the
isolation people with vision impairment can feel and aim to make the world a
more accessible place.

Strengthens our voice: By reporting access refusals, Guide Dogs can build a
true picture of the number and type of refusals taking place. This can help
us spot patterns, or places where access refusals are more likely to happen,
and take action accordingly. It can help our campaigning such as calling for
the UK Government to introduce Disability Equality training for minicab and
taxi drivers to help ensure full understanding of the Equality Act and how
to support people with a visual impairment.

Current Version: 1.0.60 (June 23, 2022)

Read <https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/utilities/guide-dogs>  Guide Dogs'
AppleVis App Directory entry for more information

Visit <https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/guide-dogs/id1625284393>  Guide Dogs'
App Store page