[NAGDU] FYI FW: Uber Pays Millions & Ends Discriminatory Wait Fees to Resolve DOJ Lawsuit

robert stigile rstigile at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 14:40:19 UTC 2022

Hello all,
Yesterday afternoon I was waiting for uber.
I sent the driver a text and told him I was waiting on the curb in front of the three-story medical building when he arrived he did not pull up in front of me rather, he stopped across the street which it was a busy street.
So, he was waiting and I did not know he was across the street. I found someone walking by and asked them and they said they saw the driver across the street.
So, should I be charged a wait time fee because the driver didn't stop where he was supposed to? I don't think this is fair.
I was not charged a wait time fee, however this could have happened.
I do agree, that if someone is getting picked up safe from their home and they know the driver is arriving, but yet they don't start getting their stuff together until after the driver has arrived there for taking more time than usual to get their belongings and get out to the Uber car that something should be done.
However, if we are waiting for the Uber car and we are out front and the Uber driver is lazy and does not care to try to find us it is not our fault that we are  waiting, it is the Uber driver's fault therefore I have a lot of mixed feelings regarding whether or not someone should be charged a wait time or not.
I hope everyone has a great day!

Robert Stigile, Second Vice-President
President San Fernando Valley Chapter
818-381-9568