[NAGDU] A Little Education Goes a Long Way

Raul Gallegos - NAGDU rgallegos at nagdu.org
Sun Mar 13 03:38:54 UTC 2022

I would like to further add that while I was in my rights to not give him
five stars for the delay that he caused and the impending denial, I am
hopeful that the educating we were able to do during this trip will help so
other guide dog users will not have a problem with him. I gave him five
stars and I gave him a tip as I would with any other driver. The ride was
not full of tension and he drove in a normal way, not speeding fast to try
and get rid of us, etc. All in all, although we should not have to do this
as guide dog users, it was a positive experience. I will be happy if in my
lifetime, blind people don't have to explain or educate about independence
whether it is about braille, or a cane, or a guide dog, or being a parent,
or getting a regular job like everyone else. In short, our work continues.
--
Raul Gallegos - President
National Association of Guide Dog Users
346-439-7444 | RGallegos at nagdu.org