[NAGDU] Spirit Airlines incident

Sherry Gomes sherry.gomes at outlook.com
Sun Sep 11 15:51:44 UTC 2022

I had a dog who was terribly stressed when flying. Nothing worked to help her. She was a food magnet, would eat anything if she could get it in her mouth, but she wouldn't take the highest value treats on planes. At the time, I had a job that required flying from time to time, and after the last time, I promised my dog I would never put her through it again, and I retired her, after five years together. She went back to her raisers, and eventually, when I had a job that let me work from home, they gave her back to me, because they were gone all the time. If I'd known I would get laid off from that job within four months of retiring that dog, I wouldn't have retired her, but at least I had her home for her last years.