[NAGDU] running with your dogs

Asia Quinones-Evans aevans.nfb at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 15:27:48 UTC 2023

I am purely curious about this subject but if it is not aloud please let me
know. I have a professor that is running the Boston Marathon today and the
class is called Exercise Physiology. So before she left to go to Boston
last week we talked a lot about how she would keep her calorie intake up
during the race. The point that the body has stored glucose and will burn
through it with in a certain amount of time, was covered with the  point
that glucose and carbs need to be intaken through out a big race, like this
so her body does not shut down during the race and she can complete the
race. An estimated distance for the body running out of stored glucose was
about 13 miles and the human body will hit the wall and start to shut down.
This is a sighted professor with just her running. I am purely curious
about the people who run with their dogs and if they run a very long race
with their dogs how or if you keep up their calorie intake during the race.
How do you get around the point that eeven the dog can only run so long
until they need more fuel? I appreciate any responses.--
Yours truely,

Asia Quinones-Evans

Phone: 440-670-6509

Live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back