[NAGDU] Hello

Jenine Stanley jeninems at icloud.com
Wed Dec 13 14:33:24 UTC 2023

HI,

Though I have never been to a national seminar, I’ve been to DC and other places without grass often.
One thing you might want to start now is to have your dog learn to relieve on something other than grass just in case. There are several ways to do this. If you don’t have another dog in the household, you can try taking your dog to a place where there is no grass he can get to easily. If he does relieve, give him a high value treat immediately. You’d be surprised how well that works. With one of our dogs here, we started giving the treat when relieving on grass so the dog would expect it upon going.

If you do have another dog available, have it go on the concrete. Amazingly, your dog will most likely go right on top. This is how we got my husband’s dog, who relieves mostly on grass, to go anywhere my dog went, concrete, airport relief areas, sand, gravel, etc.

Have a great time at the seminar and in DC.

Jenine and Curtis