[NAGDU] Student teaching and guide dogs

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 04:23:23 UTC 2023

This is truly awful to hear. It sounds like your school is not working
with you appropriately either. Have you been collaberating with your
disability services to make sure the school finds you a student
teacher placement that is accessible to you?

I would recommend contacting the California affiliate president, Tim
Elder. He is a lawyer and can advise you on next steps. I know a few
other members of the NFB of California board have guide dogs too and
might be able to help. In the meantime, I would talk to the people in
your university disability services and education department. Go up
the chain if you have to. If you have to get a trusted professor or
another colleague on your side, it will help you feel supported.

I'm sorry you have to do this. Advocating can be really exhausting.

Julie

On 2/27/23, judotina48kg--- via NAGDU <nagdu at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Hi Shelbi- Send an email to board at nagdu.org
> I believe that there is someone serving on the current Board who can assist
> you with this matter.
> Tina

Julie A. McGinnity
MM Vocal Performance, 2015; American University Washington College of
Law, JD Candidate 2023