[NAGDU] Student teaching and guide dog

Star Gazer pickrellrebecca at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 14:50:54 UTC 2023

-----Original Message-----
From: NAGDU <nagdu-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Tracy Carcione via NAGDU
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2023 5:36 PM
To: 'NAGDU Mailing List, the National Association of Guide Dog Users'
<nagdu at nfbnet.org>
Cc: carcione at access.net
Subject: [NAGDU] Student teaching and guide dog

Hi Shelby.

I'm very sorry to hear this.  This is the kind of thing the NFB should jump
on.  Have you talked to the president of the NFB student division in
California?  Or perhaps the president of the a			Exactly,
sounds like the teacher is using allergies as an excuse which may count as
creating a hostile work environment too. I kind of wonder if she wasn't
pleased at not getting to pet or play with your dog and is retaliating? I'd
mention all this to whoever you talk to.
And yes, NFB should be jumping on this. If they don't, why even exist?
Seriously. To those who say "be your own advocate" sometimes you need people
who aren't living the situation, i.e. people who aren't trying to establish
themselves in a profession and who know law to get involved. Sounds like
this might be one of those times.

So the teacher claims to be allergic, but insisted on petting your dog?
Huh.  The actually allergic people I know stay as far from the dog as they
can and still interact.

Tracy