[NAGDU] Probiotics

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sat Jan 7 12:45:37 UTC 2023

Igloo's stooll has been a bit soft for a while, and, while we were at his
annual vet checkup, I asked if there was anything I could do about it, and
the vet recommended trying some probiotics.  She recommended Purina Proplan
Fortiflora.  When I looked that up on Chewy, it only has 1 strain of
bacteria, and it has brewer's yeast.  I'm not sure it's the best, but, as
usual, there are so many choices I don't know what to pick.

I'd prefer a powder to a chew.  Anyone tried anything they think is great?

There are probiotics in his food, but perhaps they've been denatured by the
whole kibble process, and it won't hurt to try adding some.

Tracy