[NAGDU] Juno

Carlos M Contreras groups at aplenavista.com
Thu Jun 22 12:05:36 UTC 2023

Remember that the Juno walk purpose is not to let you experience how is walking with a guide dog, but to let the trainer know what kind of dog you will need. The trainer will be changing his speed and pull during the walk to see if you need a dog that is fast or slow, and to check if you need a strong or gentle pull. In the school they have several dogs to choose from, and they know the speed and force of each dog so they want to match you with one that will fill your needs. For example, the first time I went for a guide dog, in my group was a person that has used several guide dogs in his life, but for this stage of his life  he was matched with a dog that was slow  and with a very gentle pull so to avoid making the person fall to the ground everytime they start walking. BTW, the dog was a German Shephard, so don't beleive people that will say that shepherds always pull hard.