[NAGDU] Flying, part 2

Raul Gallegos - NAGDU rgallegos at nagdu.org
Thu Jun 22 16:10:53 UTC 2023

Hello, according to what I understand, you technically have to fill out
a new form every time you fly. This is because of how you are attesting
that the information is true for you and your dog at the time of flying.
Therefore, if you want to keep copies of filled out forms, what I might
recommend is keeping them completely filed out minus the date. Then only
fill in the date of the time you purchase each new ticket. Of course, if
the airline has its own method of uploading the form, then do that, but
I would still keep a copy on my person in case, like what Tina Thomas
described with her situation. I typically fly Southwest Airlines and
since they don't have a mechanism to upload the forms to their website
or emailing them, they will usually just process the printed form when I
get to the air port. However, this is inconsistent.

Finally, I personally, and we, the NAGDU board realize that this is most
inconvenient for most, and that the inconsistencies of the airlines make
it problematic and only adds to the stress of traveling. We have
information to report at convention, and I strongly urge folks to please
come to our meetings.

Thank you.

Raul Gallegos / President
National Association of Guide Dog Users