[NAGDU] Taking A Guide Dog To Convention Soon After Surgery

Elizabeth Campbell batescampbell at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 18:04:08 UTC 2023

Hello Rachel,

I am very glad that Demi is doing so well after her surgery.
I would definitely get opinions from your vet and from the school.
Convention is incredibly stressful for our dogs, and if you do bring her,
make sure she gets downtime, and I know you are conscientious about that !!
Also, Texas is suffering through intense heat right now, and in Houston,
you will also deal with high humidity.
I am in Fort Worth which is hot but not as humid! I honestly thought about
leaving Barbara home this time, but she seems very eager to work. So, I am
bringing her.
I won't walk outside wiht her other than for relief except early mornings
and late evenings.
She has ooties, but doesn't do well wearing them.

--
Elizabeth Campbell