[NAGDU] First Guide dog excitement and nerves.

Sam Doman skdoman2001 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 16:09:58 UTC 2023

Hi all,
So I ment to send a message a while back, but I got a little preoccupied. I am heading off to leader dog in a couple of weeks for my first guide and I’m feeling a lot of emotions right now. I’m mostly excited, but I’m also a little nervous and there is a part of me that is questioning my decision. I assume that these feelings are all normal, but for you experienced guide dog handlers, I wanted to ask how you overcame all those feelings and emotions and if you had any advice for me.
Thank you for any help you can provide.
Sam