[NAGDU] schools giving Shepherds to first time handlers..

Tina Haskin-Reisner tinabell92 at gmail.com
Tue May 16 21:27:29 UTC 2023

Hi all! I have a German Shepherd named Kahlúa, and I have to say getting a
shepherd as my second dog has been the best decision I’ve ever made. My
first dog, from Guiding, Eyes For The Blind was a bouncy, happy yellow lab!
I am glad that I went with a lab for my first dog as I integrated into
Being a dog user from being a cane user. It is true, German, shepherds, are
extremely loyal, fast walkers, and have a hard pull! There are several
qualities that I love in her, but they are very high, strong and extremely
attached, which has been a challenge sometimes.
I think it’s all depend Aunt, upon the needs of the Guide Dog User whether
they choose to have a German shepherd as their first or second, or even not
at all. :-)

--
My best,
Tina Reisner