[NAGDU] Hearing past noise

Joy Relton joy.relton at icloud.com
Sat Nov 4 01:18:46 UTC 2023

Hi Richard,

There is an app on my iPhone which seems to allow me to turn the volume up. I have done that, but there seems to be something that turns it down built-in within the app. Don't misunderstand me, I believe that I am safe but I don't trust my locational noise detection as well as I would like and, when I am in an area where there is traffic, construction and regular noise I'm not a happy camper. I did find an alternative path to the one where they are still doing construction and it is much better. I want to  understand what is going on and how I can address the noise and locational or directional noise. When I take the light rail down town I don't feel as confident with my sense of where noises are coming from. I plan to travel in Great Britain next summer with Vicky and will be dealing with a different traffic pattern than here. I'm not worried about it, I trust Vicky, but I want to understand what is going on and what I can do to manage the noise.

Thanks for your input. You and others have given me much food for thought.