[NAGDU] How do you stay mobile with a guide dog?

Leye-Shprintse Teller leyeshprintse at icloud.com
Mon Oct 23 16:13:21 UTC 2023

BS’D

Parham,

My first guide dog and I were a team for 10 years In Sweden which is much colder and darker than the Netherlands. I am totally Blind since birth and had good white cane skills before I was matched with my guide dog. She gave me a freedom and independence which I think can be compared with how the sighted population experiences it. I became more mobile with my guide dog because 1) the guide dog needs exercice and 2) I enjoyed just walking with her by my side. I would say that we had around three pee walks around the block and three longer walks daily all year round. Right now, I am between guide dogs and I do not just walk for fun which I did with my guide dog. The research shows that guide dog users move more than white cane users.
לשלום,
Leye-Shprintse Teller
Brooklyn (N.Y.), U.S.
+1 (929) 977-8890