[NAGDU] Fwd: Lukas Franck

Shannon Dillon shannonldillon at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 16:18:26 UTC 2023

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Margie Donovan <margie.donovan1 at outlook.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2023 16:34:44 +0000
Subject: Lukas Franck
To: Shannon Dillon <shannonldillon at gmail.com>

Please share this on the CAGDU and NAGDU lists.

Calling on everyone who is blind or low vision!

You're invited to be part of a surprise retirement party for Seeing
Eye instructor Lukas Franck.

When: Sunday, October 8, 2023
Time: 7:30 PM EST
Where: Zoom

For over 45 years, Lukas Franck has dedicated his life to the
blindness community. He'll  be retiring this fall and a few guide dog
handlers are planning a virtual surprise party for him. As part of the
celebration, we're collecting notes from everyone in the blindness
community who wishes to share their well wishes and stories in a
booklet that will be presented to Lukas at his virtual celebration.
All submissions should be sent no later than Sunday, September 17 to
Margie Donovan at margie.donovan1 at outlook.com Everyone who submits a
note will be emailed the Zoom information a few days in advance of the
celebration.

To help memorialize his contributions, we're also inviting everyone to
make a gift towards the placement of a specially engraved brick on The
Seeing Eye's campus. Donations may be made at:
https://www.justgiving.com/page/lukasretirement
If you prefer to make a gift by phone, please call The Seeing Eye at
800-539-4425. Be sure to mention that your gift is for Lukas Franck's
retirement brick from the blindness community.

Please feel free to share this message with others who are blind or
visually impaired. Lukas has touched so many lives over his decades of
service and we want to be sure that everyone in our community has an
opportunity to wish him well and express their appreciation for all
that he has done.

Many thanks,

Margie, and Ginger

--