[NAGDU] airport assistance question

Julie A. Orozco kaybaycar at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 19:45:59 UTC 2023

Good question. I know some people who do. I do not, but I rarely get
good, respectful service at the airport. I don't usually ask for
airport assist for this reason.

If you are going to use airport assist, I suggest practicing your
advocacy skills in case they grab, don't listen to you, and aren't
generally communicative. Good luck!

Julie

On 9/27/23, Stacie Gallegos via NAGDU <nagdu at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Hello Paula,
>
> This is a great question. Raul and I will usually give tips. Most of the
> time, we will tip $5. Good luck for your upcoming trip.
>
>> Stacie Gallegos / Secretary
> National Association of Guide Dog Users
> Https://www.nagdu.org
> (346) 439-7444  |  SGallegos at nagdu.org
> “You can live the life you want. Blindness is not what holds you back.”
>
>> On Sep 27, 2023, at 2:04 PM, Paula Jordan via NAGDU <nagdu at nfbnet.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all.  I'm  going to show my lack of experience with this question, so I
>> appreciate your understanding.   I'll be flying in a week or so and will
>> need assistance from airport personnel in both airports.  I'm wondering if
>> you should tip the helpers and if so, how and how much.  I suspect this is
>> something I should already know, but I don't so thanks for your thoughts.
>>
>> God bless!
>>
>> Paula and the pups

>> NAGDU:
>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nagdu_nfbnet.org/sgallegos%40nagdu.org

Julie A. Orozco
MM Vocal Performance, 2015; American University Washington College of
Law, JD Candidate 2023