[NAGDU] Nail grinder question

carcione at access.net carcione at access.net
Sun Feb 18 19:55:40 UTC 2024

I've been using a nail grinder for around 25 years now, but now I have a
question.  I mainly work on the tip, raising it up a bit, but also taking
some strokes from the back to the tip to take off the bit growing on the
side. The instructions say to go from back to front as well.  But,
especially on my old dog Krokus, the bit at the back seems a bit pointy and
is very close to the pad, and it's hard to fix it because I don't want to
scrape the pad.  So I wonder if there's something odd about Krokus's nails,
or if I've been making a mistake and shouldn't make any strokes from back to
front, or maybe very few.  What do other people using the grinder think?

Igloo's nails are more curved than Krokus's, and I can do the whole growing
part without getting close to the pad, but I don't want to gradually get
into the same problem with him.

Tracy