[NAGDU] Julie, you have a new dog

Julie Johnson julielj402 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 21:15:19 UTC 2024

Yes, I have a new dog! I got Larry last February from the local shelter. He was 7 months old. He is a lab GSD and about 13 other things mix. I haven't had him into the vet in a few months, but I'd estimate he's around 75 pounds and 26 or 27 inches tall. He's mostly black with white around his nose, down his throat and chest. He has very tiny bits of white on some of his toes.

He's been reliably guiding in my small town for a few months now. We are probably 3/4 of the way done with training, give or take depending on my frustration on any given day! LOL He's really a good dog overall. He's excellent with all of the moving guide skills. He struggles some with the waiting parts though. He's getting loads better. This time around though I've just had a slower, we'll get through the training when we get through it sort of attitude. I'm more laid back about the time line this time. The things left to finish out his training are entirely because I have not spent enough time on them, not because of any deficiency with Larry.

About his name...he came with the name Larry and is extremely responsive to it. I didn't really like the name and had intended to change it. However a few days with Larry and it's pretty apparent that the name really fits him. He's this very blue collar, working class, not afraid to get dirty kind of dog.

Julie

Sent from my iPhone