[NAGDU] NAGDU Submission for the DOT Comments Form?

heather.l.bird at gmail.com heather.l.bird at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 20:40:37 UTC 2024

Hello. I am enquiring as to whether or not the NAGDU will be submitting
comments? I was surprised to see less than 50 comments altogether on the
website. There were comments from GDUI, the Seeing Eye and CCI. I was
concerned not to see comments from NAGDU since GDUI has posted comments, as
well as a second comment submitted specifically by Sarah Calhoun their
president. The response from TSE honestly, as a TSE grad left me feeling a
bit flat, but at least they posted comments. TSE and CCI were the only
service dog training programs that I could find in the comments, although
Greg Steinmetz who, last I knew, worked for GDA did post comments from
himself personally. I know that the NFB is a strong, and innovative force in
issues of legislation, litigation, advocacy, and education, and I know that
its divisions, of which NAGDU is one, work hard to represent the concerns of
their members. To be fair I do not see any comments from the ACB or BVA, so
I am less concerned not to see any specifically from the NFB. I had the
thought though that perhaps Raul and the rest of the board is in the process
of coordinating with President Riccobono regarding presenting a united front
on any comments to be submitted. I understand that such collaboration takes
time, but as the deadline is very swiftly approaching, I felt that I should
reach out and ask the question that has been weighing heavily on my mind.
Chiefly, is the National Association of Guide Dog Users going to submit
comments on this matter?

With love, hope, and determination\

Heather Bird

President

National Federation of the Blind of New York State Inc.