[NAGDU] escalators..

rainshadow rainshadowmusic at shaw.ca
Fri Jan 19 19:35:41 UTC 2024

Hi all:

I've been meaning to respond to this  thread for days now.  My dog was trained to do esculators and, according to a trainer who came out to see us a few years ago, he does them very well, jumping off them like a pro. When we go onto esculators I deop the handle and give him a loose leash. i do what others said  and put my foot one step  ahead as well as holding the rail a bit ahead of myself. when it starts flattening out I say pay atention and then he jums off.

The funny thing is when i got him i had a bit of a foot injury so was prefering elevators on our metro.  So now Gonzo finds elevators everywhere, even when i don't they are there.  I let him decide what to take  and he will often search out an elevator. one day i was coming home from a hike on th enorth shore in Vancouver with my wife. we got off the sea bus and were folowign the crowd. at one point we usually swing to the right for the esculators but this time Gonzo went left so we followed him and he took us to a newly opened elevator in a  little nook that my wife hadn't even noticed. I've learned to trus his judgement and mostly i'm rewarded with  an elevator ride.

My last poodle did this as well. Maybe they decided that stairs and esculators were dangerous for me. They both will take whatever but will always look for an elevator. :) funny poodles.

Gary

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nagdu_nfbnet.org/rdgraves2007%40gmai

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nagdu_nfbnet.org/sherry.gomes%40outl

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nagdu_nfbnet.org/kaybaycar%40gmail.c