[NAGDU] long walk in the cold

Al Sten-Clanton albert.e.sten_clanton at verizon.net
Tue Jan 30 00:52:09 UTC 2024

Greetings from Sheldon and me!

It's supposed to get to the upper twenties here tomorrow.  I'd like to
know if there's a good general rule about how cold it can be--more or
less-and still be safe for a dog to walk a couple of miles.

In the old days, I didn't think about this much:  however cold it was,
if I had to go somewhere, I went, almost always with my dog. Some years
ago, I started hearing that you shouldn't take your dog out for too long
if the temperatures were in the low thirties or lower.  I became more
cautious with my previous dog and Sheldon, but I don't remember exactly
what I heard and would like a better guage.  Sheldon is Rocket Dog in
the Winter and Turtle Dog in the summer, and I'd like to give him the
chance to be Rocket Dog more often if it won't be dangerous.

Thanks for any perspective.

Al