[NAGDU] student eligibility

carcione at access.net carcione at access.net
Wed Mar 13 19:18:31 UTC 2024

Hi Josh.
Yes, homemakers can get guide dogs.  A person just has to be active enough to give the animal a satisfactory amount of work, and that can differ from one dog to another.  The dogs I had when I was working full-time wouldn't have been happy with my quieter retired life, but the dog I have now seems quite content.
Even not working, I take walks, run errands, visit friends, go to meetings occasionally, attend community events, and sometimes take trips.  Some days are quiet, and some days are busy.
I know homemakers whose dogs probably get more work than those of people who are working, especially if the working person is being driven door to door.
Tracy