[NAGDU] Rideshare denials

Vanessa Lowery val4dogs at gmail.com
Sat May 25 17:34:18 UTC 2024

Ironically, I sent a message to the Lis just a few moments ago not realizing that it pretty much echoes what Richard stated in his email. So I wholeheartedly agree with him. As a member of the American Council Of The Blind and Guide Dog Users, I do know that Guide Dog Users is in the midst of Doing similar things that are being attempted by nagdu. I also know that my school, The Seeing Eye, is also trying to work with rideshare organizations. I will say that the number of denials that I have had lately have dropped, but that could just be a stroke of luck.  What concerns me, and has possibly been addressed during this thread is that some paratransit drivers are denying service dogs. This includes the paratransit drivers who are from Uber or LYFT which the paratransit program has added to their service. So even people using paratransit who are disabled and have to include in their applications that they use service dogs or Guide Dog  if that is the case in their particular situation, are now starting to experience what LYFT and Uber passengers with Guide and Service dogs have been experiencing for years. It's absolutely insane? !
Vanessa and the zoo
Sent from my iPhone