[Nationalharbor] Participants Needed for Braille Study

Riccobono, Mark MRiccobono at nfb.org
Thu Mar 31 15:46:26 UTC 2011

Federationists,

This is a brand new Braille study that we are conducting with Towson
University. Please consider your participation. It is important that
we gather meaningful data about Braille and its use by Braille readers.

Sincerely,
Mark Riccobono

--------------

A Study of the Effects of Using Braille as a Primary Reading Source
Participants are needed for an important study exploring the value of
Braille reading in today's world.  In collaboration with the NFB, a
team at Towson University is looking for experienced Braille readers
who use Braille on a daily basis for school or work.  During this
study you will read four stories, answer questions about the stories
and complete some tasks that will measure your literacy skills. You
will be compensated $50 for your participation. Sessions are
completed individually, scheduled to your convenience, and should
take less than two hours to complete.  We will be able to meet you at
the NFB Jernigan Institute in Baltimore, Towson University, or
potentially at another  location in the Washington/Baltimore area
that is convenient for you.  Please contact Mike Eskenazi
(978-979-1479), Melinda Hines (410-310-1997),, or email
<blocked::mailto:braillestudy at gmail.com>braillestudy at gmail.com to see
if you qualify for the study.
Thank you!