[Nationalharbor] FW: Career Fairs and Open Houses Scheduled as of February 2, 2014 -- #450 -- Next scheduled distribution is set for 16 February 2014

Michelle Clark mcikeyc at aol.com
Mon Feb 3 04:04:31 UTC 2014

Some good stuff!

From: jimditt at careerfairs-eastcoast.com
[mailto:jimditt at careerfairs-eastcoast.com]
Sent: Sunday, February 02, 2014 9:57 PM
To: jimditt at careerfairs-eastcoast.com
Subject: Career Fairs and Open Houses Scheduled as of February 2, 2014 --
#450 -- Next scheduled distribution is set for 16 February 2014

Good evening,

In my quest for a new role, whether for the first time, after a long absence
from the normal work place, or to move forward in my career, I need to have
my own "tool kit."  These tools are key to the "tool kit"

1.     Attitude.  Attitude towards myself and toward the ability to
effectively contribute to those opportunities I wish to pursue.

2.     A written list of my accomplishments.  Here I need to continue to add
to my initial list that starts with a minimum  of 25 and grows to 60 to 100
quickly.

3.     Verbal presentations.  My sound bites.  Each focused to a specific
opportunity, and offering an example.  Delivered comfortably, from the heart
not the mind.

4.     Target employers, based on research, that interest me.  Further
research will give me the names of the decision makers I need to connect
with.

5.     Networking list that I will grow as I move about in my job search.
These contacts will be given interests and how each can assist me.

6.    Board of Directors, or, if I have not developed my own, then
knowledgeable References who know my background and have a "briefing" sheet
of what I want and can do well.

7.       Resume Database.  Develop and have accessible data for each element
or component of my resumes and cover letters.   This allows me to craft very
focused resumes quickly.

8.       Tracking system that allows me to have an accurate record of my
activities and contacts, by date.

9.       Resumes. Initial set focused to targeted companies that can be
given to individuals in my network.

I need to remember that the resume is basically a deselection document.
When it works its job is to help me get the interview, nothing more.

Again, who said job search was easy?

See you in two.

Jim Ditt

Most barriers to your success are man-made.  And most often, you're the man
who made them.  .  Frank Tyger

To be removed from this distribution please go to "Reply" and in the
"Subject" box indicate "Remove."  Thank you