[Nationalharbor] FW: Career Fairs and Open Houses Scheduled as of 16 February 2014 --- #451 --- Next distributio set for 2 March 2014

Michelle Clark mcikeyc at aol.com
Mon Feb 17 16:36:56 UTC 2014

From: jimditt at careerfairs-eastcoast.com
[mailto:jimditt at careerfairs-eastcoast.com]
Sent: Sunday, February 16, 2014 9:18 PM
To: jimditt at careerfairs-eastcoast.com
Subject: Career Fairs and Open Houses Scheduled as of 16 February 2014 ---
#451 --- Next distributio set for 2 March 2014

Good evening,

First impressions in the job search mode - what are they and am I on top of
them?  Here are a few:

Meeting Others:

● Do I listen, repeat their name for clarification and better remembrance?

● Do I ask to find out about them before talking about my search?

● When I give my 30 second sound bite do I keep it to 30 seconds and do I
offer a specific achievement

    or two as part of the pitch?

● Do I follow up in any way with those who I meet for the first time?

● When I learn of something that would be of interest to the person I met
do I forward/pass it on to that individual?

My Documents:

● Do the first three to five lines on each of my resumes, my LinkeIn
Profile, social mdia documents tell the reader

    something important to my search?

● Is my email correspondence clear and focused?  Is my subject line focused
to the content of my message?

● Are my responses (email, snail mail, or other) focused on what I can do
for the organization or individual; or is it

    merely “thank you” or perfunctory in nature?

● When I initiate communications do I include a suggestion or idea that
allows me to follow up with the individual

    because of the presented suggestion or idea?

The above are all aspects of positive marketing - and we are all born
marketers.  Just think back to your  younger years

or how one of your children acted when they really wanted something badly.
Daniel Pink wrote a book that dealt with

this.  These are all activities that are relevant and productive to my
search.

Jim Ditt

My granddaughter reaches for my hand and forever holds my heart. … unknown
but a grandfather, like me.

To be removed from this distribution please go to “Reply” and in the
“Subject” box indicate “remove.”  Thank you.