[Nationalharbor] FW: Career Fairs and Open Houses Scheduled as of January 5, 2014 - Next distribution set for 19 January 2014 - #448

Michelle Clark mcikeyc at aol.com
Sun Jan 5 23:28:58 UTC 2014

Fyi.

From: jimditt at careerfairs-eastcoast.com
[mailto:jimditt at careerfairs-eastcoast.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 05, 2014 4:49 PM
To: jimditt at careerfairs-eastcoast.com
Subject: Career Fairs and Open Houses Scheduled as of January 5, 2014 - Next
distribution set for 19 January 2014 - #448

Good afternoon,

The New Year offers the opportunity to assess where I am as a job seeker.
Some questions I need to ask myself and answer - honestly!

1.        What has worked well so far and what has not worked effectively?
Write them down.

2.       Are my goals clear and realistic to me and does my network
understand and support my goals?    Review and possibly clarify or modify.

3.       Do I know my requirements clearly?  (Can I, do I walk away from
opportunities that do not meet my requirements?)    Where am I wasting time
I need to shift direction.

4.       What plans do I have in place to change and expand my efforts
outside of my current strategies, what are they?     Example here, what am I
learning from my volunteer activities?

Simple questions but not always easy to answer.  However, the answers to my
questions will tell me a great deal about the effectiveness of what I have
been doing.  More importantly tell me the areas I need to emphasize.  The
strategies I can now put in place in answering these four questions can move
my search forward more effectively and with greater accuracy in terms of
what I really want to do next.  Can also shorten my search time.

Make it a good week for yourself and another.

Jim Ditt

It is not by spectacular achievements that man can be transformed, but by
will.   .   Henry Ibsen

To be removed from this distribution please go to "Reply" and in the Subject
Box indicate "Remove."  Thank you.