[Nationalharbor] FW: [Chapter-presidents] BRL Summer Reading

Michelle Clark via Nationalharbor nationalharbor at nfbnet.org
Sun May 18 14:51:28 UTC 2014

A  Braille material resource.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chapter-presidents [mailto:chapter-presidents-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of April Enderton via Chapter-presidents
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2014 11:06 PM
To: chapter-presidents at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Chapter-presidents] BRL Summer Reading

Please distribute to anyone who can benefit from Braille:

Beulah Reimer Legacy (BRL)
Summer Reading 2014

  Dive into summer with BRL. Books make great companions during those lazy,
crazy, hazy days of summer and BRL offers over 1000 of the most popular
print/Braille children's picture books at affordable prices.
  You don't have a child in your life? Well, perhaps you want to donate
books to the Braille Book Fair at national convention. BRL can make donating
books as easy as 1-2-3. Just place your order and indicate that you want
your books mailed to the book fair. BRL will take care of the rest.
  BRL's mission is to promote Braille literacy and reading opportunities by
placing Braille in the hands of eager readers. We do this in several ways:

DRAWINGS
  BRL holds three drawings a year for free books. The first drawing takes
place on January 4 in celebration of Louis Braille's birth. Our second
drawing, May 12, commemorates the birth of Beulah Reimer, the person for
whom BRL was named. Our third drawing is held August 20 and celebrates BRL's
birthday. The names of people who have purchased books during the calendar
year are automatically included in each of the three drawings.
  BRL Holiday Reading Grab Bag: October 1-January 3: For twenty dollars, BRL
will select four books, based on information you provide about your child's
reading level and interests.

Other BRL Services
  Is there  a book that you would like brailled which is not in our catalog?
If so, let us know. We may be able to Braille it for you. During the past
year, BRL has added Braille to many books upon request.
  Ever want to do a little brailling yourself? No problem. BRL has free
paper snippets that we will send to customers who request them.
  Would you like to continue enjoying your favorite stories, despite wear
and tear. Do you have a BRL book that has been loved a little too much? BRL
is able to do some minor book repairs.
  Books for Newborns: Have a new baby in your house? BRL would like to say
congratulations with a free book. Just let us know when your little one
arrives and we'll put your book in the mail.

New to BRL:
  Re-enforced pages: For an additional cost, BRL will re-enforce paper pages
upon request.
  BRL Book of the Month: The book of the month sells for five dollars during
its specified month while supplies last. Our June book of the month is
"Curious George Goes Camping" by Margret and H.A. Rey.

  Beulah Reimer Legacy BRL is also on Facebook. "Like" our Facebook page to
receive information about BRL book give aways and other special offers.

  All our books are brailled in contracted (grade two) Braille with clear
plastic strips which are placed on or near the printed text. Our sight word
flash cards are written in both grade one and grade two Braille so that
readers can learn spelling as well as contracted forms of words. Our
materials are all shipped free of charge. Please allow two weeks for
delivery within the United States. BRL accepts checks, money orders,
purchase orders and payment online via Pay Pal.
  If you would like more information about BRL, to place an order or receive
an e-catalog, please use the contact information below:

April Enderton
7758 Southeast 36th Street
Des Moines, Iowa  50320
Phone: 515-282-0049
E-mail:
endertona at wildblue.net
Website:
www.beulahreimerlegacy.com

Please check our website often for new books as well as old favorites.

Happy summer reading.