[Nationalharbor] Accessible Voting Machine Issue

lras at sprynet.com lras at sprynet.com
Tue Apr 26 14:53:26 UTC 2016

If you haven't already done so and get this message today, please vote in the Maryland primary election and then answer the questionnaire that Louanne Blake has announced several times. I just wanted to point out one issue that might prevent you from getting to first base. For the audio ballot, they are using some good-quality headphones along with their special tactile keypad. But I think, to insure privacy or something, the equipment is starting out at a very low volume level which might not be audible in a noisy polling place. So as you are starting up, getting the introductory information about how the machine works and selecting your language, locate the volume button in the lower-right corner of the keypad. You can press on the right side of this button to raise the volume, or on the left side to lower it. It has a braille "vol" below it, but you may not notice the braille labels immediately.
Vote today!
Lloyd Rasmussen, Secretary, Sligo Creek Chapter