[NationalHarbor] Tuesday Call and Normal Chapter Meetings Reminder

Amber Woods woodsamber83 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 14:01:39 UTC 2020

Dear National Harbor Members and Friends,

We still have our Tuesday Calls from 4-5p.m.

Mainly open to any discussion about blindness related matters and how your
voice matters in the continuous movement in building up the federation and
you as a member.

The conference Call number is:

712-770-5505

Access Code 106363

Register for Newsline

To improve the quality time of our meetings please register to Newsline.

 You can listen to the Presidential Release

News throughout the Country

Job listings and more

 Note: details and Information is near the end of Email

Chapter Meeting on September 26, 2020 from 1-3p.m,

Our official Chapter Meeting will begin this Month

The format normally has been on Conference Call

However, I would like for members to use the Zoom Format (that the state
has provided)

moving forward so that all NFBMD members can be on the same format. Please
call or e-mail me if you have any concerns.

Note: The final format in conducting the meeting will be confirmed the
closer we get to the meeting date in the follow-up email.

Chapter Dues, Voting, and Convention

Chapter Dues are mandatory to vote, for chapter and convention matters and
to be considered an active member of the NFBMD of National Harbor. Also
paid/active members are eligible to receive door prizes at the state and
national conventions.

One method to pay online

https://nfbmd.org/dues

Maryland State Convention November 6-8 2020

The Convention Registration is active at:

 https://civicrm.nfbmd.org/civicrm/event/register?reset=1&id=7

Please Remember how you Registered your name exactly for voting purposes,

The convention is Virtual this year. No face-to-face.

The cost is $20 to register Before October 16, 2020 after the date $25

Door Prizes are needed

Updates and discussions will be mentioned at the Tuesdays and Official
Meeting

Note: More Details about Convention and Chapter dues are near the end of
this email.

Details for Newsline and other Topics Discussed within this Email

Newsline Contact:

E-mail: nfbnewsline at nfb.org

Office:  1-866-504-7300 toll-free, or (410) 659-9314, extension 2317

Note:  The office is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays, Eastern Time.

William O. Jacobs

Newsline Department 410-659-9314, extension 2411 | wojacobs at nfb.org

Twitter: @wojacobsnfb

NFB Maryland State Convention Information

Date: November 6 to 8, 2020

Place: Anywhere and Everywhere (100% Virtual)

Registration on or before October 16, 2020 = $20 per adult and free for
kids 16 and under

Registration after October 16, 2020 = $25 per adult and free for kids 16
and under

Note: Individuals who register after October 16, 2020 may not be eligible
to participate in certain Convention activities such as voting and door
prizes that use separate platforms.

Voting at the 2020 NFBMD state convention

Those wishing to vote at the NFB of Maryland State Convention must enroll
in our voting system prior to October 16, 2020.  In order to be eligible to
vote, you need to both:

be a member in good standing of an NFB of Maryland chapter or division for
the 2020 calendar year (this means you paid your 2020 dues prior to
September 30, 2020 – visit https://nfbmd.org/dues to pay online); and

Enroll in our online voting system on or before October 16, 2020 using the
link https://www.nfbvote.org/.

If you need assistance enrolling in the voting system, please reach out to
your chapter president or a member of the NFB of Maryland Board of
Directors.

We are using the same voting system as the NFB National Convention.
Enrolled voters must register the phone number they intend to use via the
online link above.  They will vote by either sending a text message to a
unique number that will be provided closer to the convention or by calling
a unique phone number that will be provided closer to the convention.
Individuals should register one phone per person in the household, meaning
each person should have a different enrolled phone number.  The rule is one
vote per phone number.  Individuals should also use a phone for voting they
can manage simultaneously while listening to the convention, or otherwise
understand that they may miss parts of the convention while casting their
votes if a single device is used for voting and listening.

Please be sure to select “Maryland” when enrolling to vote.

Seeking Door Prizes

We are seeking donations of door prizes to give away at the NFB of Maryland
Annual Convention.  Door prizes should have a cash value of a minimum of
$25 each.  Given the virtual nature of the Convention, we would prefer to
recieve monetary contributions (checks payable to NFB of Maryland).  Please
do not send parishables.  Please mail door prize donations by October 23,
2020 to:

NFB of Maryland - Door Prizes

1800 Johnson Street, Suite N1

Baltimore, MD 21230

Seeking Resolutions for the State Convention

The Convention is the supreme authority of the National Federation of the
Blind, and this too is true of the affiliates.  One of the most important
charges of the Convention is to consider and vote on resolutions that come
before it; those resolutions become the policy of the organization.  To
that end, individuals interested in submitting resolutions should send them
to NFBMD Resolutions Chairman Jesse Hartle by email at
jesse.hartle63 at gmail.com by October 16, 2020.

Convention social media options

the email list

streaming

Facebook

Twitter

We will be using the hashtag #NFBMD.  Please use this hashtag when posting
about the NFB of Maryland 2020 Convention on Twitter or Facebook.  Please
send any pictures you take of Convention activities to Social Media
Chairman Karen Anderson at Kanderson at nfb.org or via text to 402-319-7645.
Please be sure to describe any pictures you post and send to Karen.

Thank you,

Amber Woods

President

National Harbor Chapter