[NationalHarbor] Deadline for Financial Assistance Request Oct.4, 2021, and Regular Registration and Hotel Oct.15, 2021.

Amber Woods woodsamber83 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 09:13:13 UTC 2021

*Dear National Harbor Members and Friends,*

*Today is the last Day to Sign-Up for Financial Assistance to the state
convention. *

*If you are going and need  Financial assistance , please email/ cc  *
*woodsamber83 at gmail.com* <woodsamber83 at gmail.com>*  (Amber Woods) and *
*president at nfbmd.org* <president at nfbmd.org>* (President Ronza Othman).*

*If you need assistance in filling out the form, please call or text
Chapter President Amber Woods before 5pm Oct.4 2021.*

*The information below is what you need to understand what is expected of
you if you receive assistance and the information, I will need from you for
me to fill-out the form. *

*Link for Paying for Convention:*

National Federation of the Blind of Maryland 2021 State Convention |
National Federation of the Blind of Maryland (nfbmd.org)
<https://civicrm.nfbmd.org/civicrm/event/register?reset=1&id=9>

*Link for Financial Assistance Form:*

Financial Assistance Application Form for State Convention - Now Available!
| National Federation of the Blind of Maryland (nfbmd.org)
<https://nfbmd.org/financialassistance>

*Instructions in filling out the form*

*Click link and download application form *

*Note: Only select financial assistance for the State Convention*

*Please see the example form information to best complete and to be
selected for financial assistance. *

*Filling-out the Section of Cost *

*The section in the form with the title below:*

“Indicate the assistance you need and estimate the amount needed.”

*Here is the List of Cost for State Convention:*

*Lodging/Hotel: $94 per night sales hotel tax plus 9.5% for two nights
(Friday night and Saturday leaving Sunday morning): $258 total cost (Half
of Lodging cost is mandatory if you received assistance once awarded
assistance, the affiliate will contact you for the amount you are
responsible to pay). Mandatory*unless member did not apply for assistance. *

*Registration $20 mandatory for all attending*

*Bus from New Carrollton $35 (Roundtrip) * optional if you have made your
own arrangements to travel by car or other means.*

*Friday box lunch $16 (optional)*

*Friday (play and food event) $18 (optional)*

*Saturday parent or senior lunch $22 (optional)*

*Banquet $40 (mandatory if you receive assistance)*

*Total $151* if attending every event listed note only the mandatory cost
must be paid by you and roommate (if you received assistance unless
indicated that all members must pay*

*Expected Cost for Convention Recipients*

*half of room cost is not shown in both mandatory prices for /recipient of
financial Fund due to the final decision made by the Affiliate for r the
disbursement of funds s.*

*Mandatory Cost: with Transportation:  $95; Without Transportation: $60*

*Recipients of financial assistance must attend General Session banquet and
their assignments given to them by the affiliate explained in the example
financial assistance. *

*Minors Attending Convention*

* Children under eighteen *

* If you have a minor assisting you and you are not the parent or legal
guardian, please have the parent or guardian to write an email statement of
consent that their child can attend and lodge at the hotel with you during
the November 12-14 NFBMD state convention. *

*Please provide an emergency contact in case of emergency to reach out to
parent/legal guardian and cc president Ronza Othman and cc chapter
president Amber Woods. *

*Cost for Minors*

*Minors under the age of 17 are free accompanied by a registrered adult
attendee *

*All Attendees *

*All attendees of the convention should pay for their convention
registration and book hotel rooms no later than Oct. 15, 2021*

*If you need help with the link. Contact President Amber Woods no later
than October 14, 2021, either by email, call or text to ensure that I can
assist you in time.*

*Example Form*

*National Federation of the Blind of Maryland*

*Financial Assistance Application Form EXAMPLE *

This grant is intended to assist persons interested in NFBMD with limited
means to attend conventions, seminars, and affiliate events. Recipients of
this grant must demonstrate genuine interest in, and commitment to the
blind of Maryland or the potential to develop such interest and commitment.
Recipients are expected to attend all sessions relative to the event for
which they receive assistance. Recipients are also expected to assist with
Convention and/or event activities.

The attached application must be filled out and submitted to the President
of the National Federation of the Blind of Maryland. NFBMD expects all
participants to contribute to funding to attend events. The Award Committee
may award partial funding to assist individuals to attend seminars,
conventions, or the like.

*National Federation of the Blind of Maryland*

*Financial Assistance Application Form*

*APPLICANT INFORMATION:*

*Name:*

*Home Phone:*

*Cell Phone:*

*Address:*

City, State, ZIP:      ______________________________________

e-mail:                     ______________________________________

Chapter/Division:    ______________________________________

Member Since:        ______________________________________

I am seeking assistance to attend:

(x) State Convention

Indicate the assistance you need and estimate the amount needed.

() Transportation:             $______

(x) Lodging:                    $__94 ____ covers __2___ # of nights.

() Registration:                $______

() Banquet:                       $______

() Other: ____________________________________________

I expect my costs for the above to be approximately:  $__

NFBMD reserves the right to reduce or eliminate any award based on a change
of plans by the applicant. For example, if you indicate that you will stay
5 nights and change your plans to stay less time, NFBMD may require
repayment of all or a portion of the award.

Indicate any other sources for funding you have applied to, including
Chapters of NFBMD:

Indicate Federation activities in which you have been involved in the last
two years, including but not limited to conventions, seminars, fund
raising, legislative action, and chapter membership:

Indicate positions of leadership you have held:

Indicate any financial assistance NFB, NFBMD, or any chapter has provided
in the last two years including name of event/activity and amount received:

Note: Insert here the word Roommate:

By signing below, I acknowledge and understand that as a condition of
receiving funding, I:

1.    Must abide by the NFB Code of Conduct and all affiliate policies.

2.    Must attend all activities associated with the event for which I am
receiving funding.

3.    Must work any assigned jobs, shifts, or tasks at the event that are
assigned to me by the NFBMD President or a designee.

4.    Must notify NFBMD immediately if my plans change and I am either
unable to attend the event or must shorten the duration of my participation
in the event.

5.    Must return any awarded funds if I do not attend the event and/or
return the portion determined to be appropriate by NFBMD if I shorten the
duration of my attendance at the event.

6.    Understand that financial assistance for individuals presumes double
occupancy and financial assistance for lodging only covers half of the room
costs.

7.    am responsible for finding my own roommate to share in the lodging
costs or I am otherwise responsible for paying for the other half of the
room myself.

8.    Will provide NFBMD with the name and contact information for the
individual I choose to share in my lodging expenses and understand that
NFBMD may need to confirm this arrangement in advance of the event.

9.    May not have any other individual stay in any lodging
accommodations/rooms for which I am receiving financial assistance (other
than the individual referenced in #8 above); and

10. Should I violate any of the above requirements, NFBMD will summarily
rescind any financial assistance it has committed, I am responsible for my
own costs and repaying any costs NFBMD has already paid on my behalf, and I
am not eligible for financial assistance from NFBMD in the future.

Signature of Applicant: (You may sign electronically) * You can type your
name by Microsoft (MS) Word.

(End of the Example Form)

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need assistance with the
attachment or link for payment for convention items or need additional
information about COVID-19 Safety and Code of Conduct.

Respectfully,

President

National Harbor Chapter

301-978-6686