[NationalHarbor] HC Tuesday's 4-5pm Discussions Follow-Up

Amber Woods woodsamber83 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 11:01:03 UTC 2022

Dear National Harbor Chapter Members and Friends,

Our chapter has come up with great topics to discuss and please keep them
coming.

Diabetes/health related solutions, Book writing, Care givers and Maryland
Access Point and Resolutions and Special Meetings

Here are some *Low Carb/Keto Recipes *

shared by chapter member Ashley Stewart:

*Cheesy Chicken Fritters *

(810) These CHEESY KETO Chicken Fritters will make your tastebuds do the
happy dance! - YouTube <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSUQ8S3pie0>

(810) Cowboy Caviar | The best low carb dip you haven’t tried! - YouTube
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBZJKg5g7OA>

Sugar-Free Banana Pudding

(810) Sugar Free Banana Pudding | Super Decadent Banana Pudding | Things
Tina Does - YouTube <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKFZF7BaHEM>

*No-Sugar Added Banana Brad *

**Note The recipes are for information only, please consult your doctor or
nutritionist before starting any type of diet change. *

*Let me know*

*Jackie Harley  if you are interested  in  enrolling in our six -week
program  with diabetes kits (MP3/MP4 BOOK, RELAXATION AND EXCERISE )AUDIO
MATERIALS *(810) No Sugar Added Banana VIA  by 1-hour phone  or 2-hours
virtual Zoom  meetings. Southern Sassy Mama - YouTube
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4mrf3X95TE>

For more information, contact:

Jacky Harley 301-248-0039

*Book Writing Topic Also Shared By Member Ashley Stewart *

This is a  video about writing your own book:

How to Write and Publish Your Own Book (10 Steps) - YouTube
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j49XTm1hts>

Some of our members of our organization have written their own book either
self-published or used a traditional book publisher.

For example:

Sherria Young

Ever Lee

And Jeanetta Price.

To name a few.

There are other resources like the Library of the Blind and Print Disabled
‘s Technology users Group (TUG)

The TUG has recorded as well as live in-person or virtual meetings on
technology and other topics like writing your own book.

*Discussion on Navigating The Maryland Access Point (MAP)*

We discussed briefly about caregivers and recepice care.

Janet Parker on the Inspirational 3 Support (I3S) Group discussed
Caregivers

There is information about the MAP, however, there is not a lot currently
known in Prince George’s County in terms of YouTube links

Here is a link I have found on YouTube:

Baltimore County MAP

(810) Maryland Access Point (MAP) - Your One-Stop Shopping Resource -
YouTube <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPoUUNCqJkI>

*In addition, earlier this year, the is a Senor Resource Guide that was
inaccessible because the link went to Facebook instead of a website link. *

*In past years, our chapter hosted an event called “County Resource Day” a
one of our past exhibitors was the Department of Family Services in Prince
George’s County. *

*Resolutions *

*Also, on our last Tuesday’s 4-5pm Call we discussed briefly about
resolutions. We will have further discussions how resolutions get started
and how they become a major part of our legislative and advocacy. *

*Reminder: *

*We will have a special meeting on Tuesday September 13, 2022, and
September 20, 2022. As mentioned in the last email there you will find the
agenda.*

*To access the Tuesday’s 4-5p.m. call:*

*805-706-5069*

*No access codes*

*Note: Our Special Tuesday’s Calls our recorded and only members in the
chapter can vote. All are welcome to join and however, after the meeting if
time permits, we will continue with regular blindness related discussions*

*Once again, I appreciate the robust conversations we have and grateful to
continue to build upon solutions.*

*If you have any other suggestions of topics to share and discuss, the best
way is to seek the floor /ask permission to speak during our Tuesday’s
4-5pm Call. The second best way is through email followed by a phone call
and lastly, via text.*

*Thank you,*

*Amber Woods *

*President *

*National Harbor Chapter *

*National Federation of the Blind of Maryland *

*301-978-6686 *