[NationalHarbor] Fwd: Imagineering Our Future: Experience Our Collective Action

Amber Woods woodsamber83 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 09:56:29 UTC 2023

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Mark Riccobono, President of the National Federation of the Blind <
IOF at nfb.org>
Date: Fri, Feb 17, 2023 at 11:47 AM
Subject: Imagineering Our Future: Experience Our Collective Action
To: Amber Woods <woodsamber83 at gmail.com>

[image: National Federation of the Blind Logo - Go to NFB.org]
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=28900&qid=8358907>
IMAGINEERING OUR FUTURE
------------------------------
President's Letter
[image: President Mark Riccobono addressing the crowd at the great
gathering-in]

It was empowering to gather in Washington, DC and to continue our work to
make our voices heard by the powers in our capital. Let us continue to do
this work with love, hope, and determination. More from President Riccobono
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=28901&qid=8358907>.
Join Our Movement
[image: Teresa Fabre wearing sunglasses standing in front of a white brick
wall]

"It feels great to be part of the change in our society. I am humbled and
proud to be part of a movement as big as the National Federation of the
Blind. It was exciting to attend a meeting on the hill." More about how our
members take collective action
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=28902&qid=8358907>.
Latest News at the NFB
[image: Three speakers at the law symposium. One woman is standing and
using sign language.]

2023 Jacobus tenBroek Disability Law Symposium registration opens, *Braille
Monitor* in Spanish now available, and both In-Home and In-Person NFB-BELL®
Academy applications accepted. Read more news
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=28903&qid=8358907>.
Take Action this Month
[image: the cover of Future Reflections]

Check out *Future Reflections
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=28904&qid=8358907>*, a magazine for
teachers and parents of blind children, read "Disability Intersections:
Blindness and Autism
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=28905&qid=8358907>" in the *Braille
Monitor*, and share “Mentorship and Empowerment: Cricket’s Scholarship and
Federation Story.” More ways to get involved
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=28906&qid=8358907>.
Important Dates
[image: Photo of the Houston skyline]

Join the Presidential Release live, the disability law symposium, and don’t
miss the scholarship application and award nomination deadlines. Review the
calendar of events <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=28907&qid=8358907>
.

Read the complete issue online
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=28908&qid=8358907>

characteristic that defines blind people or their future. Every day we
raise the expectations of and for blind people, because low expectations
create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. We can live the lives
we want; blindness is not what holds us back. Please join us in our work by
becoming a member, attending an event, sharing this newsletter, or
supporting our programs.

[image: Facebook Logo]
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=28909&qid=8358907> [image: Twitter
Logo] <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=28910&qid=8358907> [image:
Instagram Logo]
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=28911&qid=8358907> [image:
YouTube Logo] <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=28912&qid=8358907> [image:
Email Icon Image]
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=28913&qid=8358907> [image:
Donate to the NFB Icon.]
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=28914&qid=8358907>
National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230
| 410-659-9314
Unsubscribe
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/unsubscribe?reset=1&jid=20750&qid=8358907&h=f1432060622243ab>
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/optout?reset=1&jid=20750&qid=8358907&h=f1432060622243ab>