[Ncabs] just wanted to introduce myself to the list

jonathan matte jmatte28 at comcast.net
Mon Feb 16 11:49:40 UTC 2009

Hi there everyone.
I don't normally ever subscribe to online list serves, but since I really enjoy talking to and getting to know all sorts of people from all oaver I thought that this might be a good opportunity to do some networking and to perhaps make some good friends in the process.
So let me tell you a little bit about myself.
My name is Jonathan but most of my friends just call me Jon.
I'm 26 years of age and not actually from North Carolina myself.
I actually live in Massachusetts a city called Brockton which is located roughly about 45 minutes south of Boston.
I'm sure that your probably wondering why someone from way up on the east coast would bother trying to post an add all of the way down south.
Well the answer is relatively simple.
Right now Massachusetts doesn't seem to have a chapter website though I think one is possibly under construction, plus since I like meeting new people from anywhere it doesn't really seem to matter where I post.
I tend to be a pretty laid back person but I like to think that I do have a wide assortment of interests some of which include reading, listening to all types of music, talking online, on the phone, going out to dinner, sometimes to the movies, and browsing around in bookstores and music shops to name only a few.
My 2 big passions in life are great books and music though I'll admit that i can be somewhat ecclectic on both fronts so if you would like to know more specifically about what sorts of music or books that I'm in to feel free to contact me off list and we can converse more about that sort of thing.
Right now I'm not currently in college.
I was taking some courses at a community college a while ago but because of personal educational struggles I had to take time off.
I'm not 100 percent sure if I see myself going back or not, but I figured that out of most of the lists on the NFB websites the student ones were where I would be most likely to meet people around my own age.
I'm currently single and do not have any kids though like most people I'm always on the look out for that special someone which I hope comes along at some point in my lifetime.
Anyways I think that is a good start for an introduction.
So if any of what I wrote hre intrigues or fascinates anyone feel free to contact me off list.
There are 2 ways I can be reached.
My email is
jmatte28 at comcast.net
or if your really feeling bold you can always instant message me on aim.
My screen name is tvvault82
Unfortunately I don't have or use Skype or MSN Messenger but if you do email or IM me on aim I'm very good about getting back to people within a reasonable amount of time.
Thanks for checking out my intro and have a great day.