[Ncabs] NC Spring Student Seminar

Gary H. Ray ghray at mindspring.com
Tue Jan 20 21:17:09 UTC 2009

The NC Association of Blind Students (NC ABS) of the National Federation of
the Blind of NC is planning a Student Seminar on Saturday, March 28, 2009.
This Seminar will be held at the Governor Morehead School in the Penland
Building.

The Seminar is aimed at any High School and College Student.  The best way
to learn about making it in college is to listen to folks who are making it.

Below is inserted, first, the flyer for the event, and, next, the tentative
outline for the program.

FLYER:

Are you a blind or visually impaired high school or college student in North
Carolina?
Do you want to network with other students? Want to learn more about
services offered to you as you transition?
The North Carolina Association of Blind Students along with the National
Federation of the Blind of North Carolina is holding a spring seminar for
interested high school and college students.
We'll have local and national representatives and speakers, group
discussions, artists, a self defense lesson, demonstrations of the latest
blindness related technology, chances to meet other students, and we'll be
giving away a free Victor Reader Stream, the hand-held portable reading
device for the blind!