[Ncabs] A retraction: The proposal for the closing of Governor Morehead

Jes jesman598 at triad.rr.com
Mon Jun 8 12:42:13 UTC 2009

Hello all,

For those who may have read my reply saying that I supported the closing of
Governor Morehead, I am retracting that statement. I was only focusing on
the rehab
program and failed to take into consideration the rest of the school. I had
a bad experience when I went to the rehab program at Governor Morehead, and
do feel that the rehab portion of GMS needs a complete and totally new
approach to teaching people how to live independently. However, I realize
the rehab center
is just a small part of the school. I agree that the school for the deaf and
the
blind need to be separated. Each school has a different program and serves
people with needs specific to their disability, and while there are students
who are deafblind, this does not apply to everyone. Therefore, I wish to
apologize for my comments supporting the closure of the Governor MoreHead
school. Thank you everyone for your understanding and your forgiveness.

Jes